Scarce county map of the Canberra covering the area from Yass into Braidwood in the south and Tinderry Creek to Lake George.
From the first county atlas of New South Wales, with panels of text listing rivers, towns and creeks. The map was drawn by George Bishop while he was draftsman in the Surveyor-General's Office, 1866-1870 and compiled from the latest government surveys and geological reports, while the geographical information the published accounts of the colony by Wentworth, Lang, Hovel and Hume, Bennett, Mitchell, Wells, the Rev. W.B. Clarke and W. Wilkins.