Engraving with multiple views encouraging the familiarity with water and swimming.
1. The great thing is to accustom yourself to the water in a nice safe place, regularly every day.
2. Corks are invaluable in learning, as they can be dispensed with gradually.
3. Don't bathe alone, as in case of cramp, &c., it is dangerous
4. The greatest pleasure is obtained when a club is formed: this should always be done where practicable.
5. This is the plat des familles (a regular slasher).
6. The leap-frog
7. The victime (very difficult).
8. The tete béche, or double two-headed plunge (requires great pluck as well as great skill).