C1933

Map of Northern Territory Showing Pastoral Stations

Early issue (1933) of this large scale and very detailed map of the Northern Territory showing boundaries of pastoral leases, Aboriginal and other reserves. Topographic details includes wells and bores. This edition doesn’t name the Simpson Desert at lower right.

$A 850

In stock

S/N: ROBI-NT-331050–429816
(RLL)
Free Shipping

Within Australia

All orders ship free
within Australia

Rest of the World

Orders over A$300
ship free worldwide

See Shipping page for Terms & Conditions

Details

Full Title:

Map of Northern Territory Showing Pastoral Stations

Date:

C1933

Condition:

Browning to lower area of the map, otherwise in good condition. Laid onto early linen.

Technique:

Lithograph printed in colour.

Paper Size: 

746mm 
x 992mm
AUTHENTICITY
Map of Northern Territory Showing Pastoral Stations - Vintage Map from 1933

Guaranteed Vintage Item
dated:

1933

Description:

Early issue (1933) of this large scale and very detailed map of the Northern Territory showing boundaries of pastoral leases, Aboriginal and other reserves. Topographic details includes wells and bores. This edition doesn’t name the Simpson Desert at lower right.

Collections:
National Library Australia: Bib ID 1488559
Australian National University ACT: SSID 32801004 IDENTIFIER 748

Herbert Edward Cooper Robinson (1857 - 1933)

Robinson was a founder of the (Royal) Geographical Society of Australasia in 1885, a member of the Geographical Society of New South Wales in the late 1920s and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society of London. He made many valuable contributions to geographical science and was a delegate to the 1923 Sydney Regional Plan Convention. A friend and technical collaborator of Professor Sir Edgeworth David, he helped to produce David's monumental large-scale Geological Map of the Commonwealth of Australia in 1932. His draughtsmen also produced the maps for Donald Mackay's important aerial surveys of Australia from 1930. 1895 Wentworth Court-Robinson set up his own map-publishing business 1906 Phillip Street 1913 Permanent location at 221-223 George Street. 1917 H. E. C. Robinson Ltd was officially incorporated

View other items by Herbert Edward Cooper Robinson

Choose currency

Exchange rates are only indicative. All orders will be processed in Australian dollars. The actual amount charged may vary depending on the exchange rate and conversion fees applied by your credit card issuer.

Login

Register

Search

The List

Join our exclusive mailing list for first access to new acquisitions and special offers.