Fine collotype of Riversdale Goulburn, from Hardy Wilson’s important record of late Georgian Colonial architecture in Australia. Many of the buildings depicted have since been demolished. From, Hardy Wilson’s Old Colonial Architecture in New South Wales and Tasmania.
William Hardy Wilson (1881-1951)
Hardy Wilson, architect, was the second of four surviving sons of William Joshua Wilson, agent, and his wife Jessie Elizabeth. Living with his parents at Burwood, Wilson attended Newington College (1893-98) and passed the junior public examination. From 1899 to 1904 he was articled to Harry Kent of Kent and Budden, architects, and attended Sydney Technical College at night. He qualified in 1904 and was president of the Architectural Students’ Society.
Wilson designed mainly homes and small commercial buildings. Having been impressed by the Colonial Revival style in the US, he sought to do something similar in Australia. He is regarded as a key practitioner of the Inter-War Georgian Revival style
Regarded as one of the great Australian architects.
Exchange rates are only indicative. All orders will be processed in Australian dollars. The actual amount charged may vary depending on the exchange rate and conversion fees applied by your credit card issuer.