Thomas William Keele (1850-1927)
Keele entered the Harbours and Rivers Branch of the Public Works Department of New South Wales as a cadet under in 1868. Three years later he was appointed Assistant Surveyor, being engaged upon surveys of the Murray river. He was subsequently employed as Engineering Surveyor, being in charge of all the principal surveys for improving the navigation of the rivers and bar harbours of the Colony
From 1885 to 1889 he was engaged in investigations for the water-supply of several towns, and supervised works for the improvement of Circular Quay, Sydney. He was appointed in 1889 Engineer-in-Charge of works in the Tweed river and Richmond river districts, carrying out improvements to the entrance of the Richmond river designed by Sir John Coode but in the following year he returned to Sydney to take up the appointment of Principal Assistant Engineer. In 1901 he became Principal Engineer of the Harbours and Rivers Branch.
Exchange rates are only indicative. All orders will be processed in Australian dollars. The actual amount charged may vary depending on the exchange rate and conversion fees applied by your credit card issuer.
Join our exclusive mailing list for first access to new acquisitions and special offers.