C1868

Asylum and School for the Blind, St. Kilda Road - Crouch and Wilson, Architects.

Colonial view of the Asylum and School for the Blind in St. Kilda Road, Melbourne, which was established in 1868. Designed by the architects Crouch and Wilson it was built from bluestone in the Gothic Revival style. In 1891 the … Read Full Description

$A 75

Free Shipping

Within Australia

All orders ship free
within Australia

Rest of the World

Orders over A$300
ship free worldwide

See Shipping page for Terms & Conditions

Details

Full Title:

Asylum and School for the Blind, St. Kilda Road – Crouch and Wilson, Architects.

Date:

C1868

Artist:

Unknown

Condition:

In good condition.

Technique:

Hand coloured engraving.

Image Size: 

150mm 
x 125mm
AUTHENTICITY
Asylum and School for the Blind, St. Kilda Road - Crouch and Wilson, Architects. - Antique View from 1868

Genuine antique
dated:

1868

Description:

Colonial view of the Asylum and School for the Blind in St. Kilda Road, Melbourne, which was established in 1868. Designed by the architects Crouch and Wilson it was built from bluestone in the Gothic Revival style. In 1891 the school was later renamed as the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind and was the first institution of its type in Australia.

From the original edition of the Illustrated Australian News.

Choose currency

Exchange rates are only indicative. All orders will be processed in Australian dollars. The actual amount charged may vary depending on the exchange rate and conversion fees applied by your credit card issuer.

Login

Register

Search

The List

Join our exclusive mailing list for first access to new acquisitions and special offers.