C1864

Plan of an Intended Improvement of the Estates of the Scots' Kirk and Sir John Jamison in Sydney.

Rare map showing the exchange of land between Sir John Jamison and the Scots Church in 1864. WHEREAS a street now called Jamison-street was formed through the adjoining allotments of the Scots Church and the late Sir John Jamison in … Read Full Description

$A 525

In stock

S/N: TP-NS-587A–432399
(RW02-A)
Free Shipping

Within Australia

All orders ship free
within Australia

Rest of the World

Orders over A$300
ship free worldwide

See Shipping page for Terms & Conditions

Details

Full Title:

Plan of an Intended Improvement of the Estates of the Scots’ Kirk and Sir John Jamison in Sydney.

Date:

C1864

Mapmaker:

Unknown

Condition:

In good condition, with folds as issued.

Technique:

Lithograph with original hand colouring.

Paper Size: 

475mm 
x 600mm
AUTHENTICITY
Plan of an Intended Improvement of the Estates of the Scots' Kirk and Sir John Jamison in Sydney. - Antique Map from 1864

Genuine antique
dated:

1864

Description:

Rare map showing the exchange of land between Sir John Jamison and the Scots Church in 1864.

WHEREAS a street now called Jamison-street was formed through the adjoining allotments of the Scots Church and the late Sir John Jamison in the year one thousand eight hundred and thirty-one And whereas it was deemed necessary in order to square the lines of these properties when the said street was formed that a small triangular portion of the allotment of the Scots Church on the south side of Jamison-street should be exchanged for a similar triangular portion of the said allotment of the late Sir John Jamison And whereas it is deemed desirable to give effect to such arrangement Be it therefore enacted

Description of Lot A. Four and a half perches county of Cumberland parish of Saint Philip city of Sydney being part of the two roods and thirty-nine perches granted to the Trustees of the Presbyterian Church Commencing on the southern building line of Jamison-street at a point where tho south-east boundary line of the two roods thirty-nine perches as originally granted to the Trustees of the Presbyterian Church intersects that building line and bounded thence on the north by that building line westerly seventy-four links on the west by the western side of the western end wall of College Buildings and of the wall in continuation thereof enclosing the rear premises being in all a line southerly seventy-five and a half links to the south-east boundary line aforesaid and on the south-east by that boundary line bearing north thirty three degrees thirty minutes east one chain and one link to the point of commencement.

Description of Lot B. Four and three-quarter perches county of Cumberland parish of Saint Philip city of Sydney Commencing at a point where the south-east boundary line of the two roods thirty-nine perches as originally granted to the Trustees of the Presbyterian Church meets the northern side of the Old Barrack Wall and bounded thence on the south by the northern side of the wall aforesaid easterly seventy-five links on the east by the western side of the western end wall enclosing the rear premises of College Buildings northerly seventy-six links to the south-east boundary line aforesaid and on the north-west by that boundary line bearing south thirty-three degrees thirty minutes west one chain and two and a quarter links to the point of commencement. j

Choose currency

Exchange rates are only indicative. All orders will be processed in Australian dollars. The actual amount charged may vary depending on the exchange rate and conversion fees applied by your credit card issuer.

Login

Register

Search

The List

Join our exclusive mailing list for first access to new acquisitions and special offers.