C1941

Map of Brisbane and Suburbs Including Insets of Sandgate, Wynnum & Manly.

Detailed large scale map of Brisbane by Herbert Edward Cooper Robinson (1857?-1933)  extending from Northgate to Yeerongpilly, showing tramway, railways, post boxes, public telephones, local authority names and boundaries. National Library Australia: Bib ID 1047201 (later edition of [1950?]

$A 950

In stock

S/N: ROBI-QLD-41005–316457
(M-07)
Free Shipping

Within Australia

All orders ship free
within Australia

Rest of the World

Orders over A$300
ship free worldwide

See Shipping page for Terms & Conditions

Details

Full Title:

Map of Brisbane and Suburbs Including Insets of Sandgate, Wynnum & Manly.

Date:

C1941

Condition:

In good condition, with folds as issued. Laid onto archival linen.

Technique:

Lithograph printed in colour.

Image Size: 

720mm 
x 930mm

Paper Size: 

735mm 
x 975mm
AUTHENTICITY
Map of Brisbane and Suburbs Including Insets of Sandgate, Wynnum & Manly. - Vintage Map from 1941

Guaranteed Vintage Item
dated:

1941

Description:

Detailed large scale map of Brisbane by Herbert Edward Cooper Robinson (1857?-1933)  extending from Northgate to Yeerongpilly, showing tramway, railways, post boxes, public telephones, local authority names and boundaries.

National Library Australia: Bib ID 1047201 (later edition of [1950?]

Herbert Edward Cooper Robinson (1857 - 1933)

Robinson was a founder of the (Royal) Geographical Society of Australasia in 1885, a member of the Geographical Society of New South Wales in the late 1920s and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society of London. He made many valuable contributions to geographical science and was a delegate to the 1923 Sydney Regional Plan Convention. A friend and technical collaborator of Professor Sir Edgeworth David, he helped to produce David's monumental large-scale Geological Map of the Commonwealth of Australia in 1932. His draughtsmen also produced the maps for Donald Mackay's important aerial surveys of Australia from 1930. 1895 Wentworth Court-Robinson set up his own map-publishing business 1906 Phillip Street 1913 Permanent location at 221-223 George Street. 1917 H. E. C. Robinson Ltd was officially incorporated

View other items by Herbert Edward Cooper Robinson

Choose currency

Exchange rates are only indicative. All orders will be processed in Australian dollars. The actual amount charged may vary depending on the exchange rate and conversion fees applied by your credit card issuer.

Login

Register

The List

Join our exclusive mailing list for first access to new acquisitions and special offers.